Show me yours, I won't show you mine!!

|
In an interview with Chris Bryant, a labour MP, talked about how embarrassing was to see newspapers disclosing to the general public photos of his Gaydar profile and how stressful it was for his family and himself.

One of the more prominent signs of networking is how simple is to create an on-line alter-ego. We may write about ourselves , our hobbies, our likes, our dislikes and our perverted (according to some) tastes in sex. We add then photos or videos in compromising postures or gestures, with garments that out mother won't be proud of -basically because it would be too small for her- and we put all of these knowledge out there for anyone to see. And we don't care.

I remember a few years back I showed some of my Gaydar photos to my manager. We were a majority of gay men working there -girls did not have much chance to find a husband -, so it was fun to share memories of sleazy sex from the night before, run around the restaurant to check the size of a customer's crotch or talk about the sexy new runner for the kitchen. It all was fun, we were all gay, I thought. One day I spoke intentionally about my profile and I showed it to my ex-boss who took a look and had some fun at the view of my bare chest picture in a damn serious pose with crossed arms. We were all gay I thought, again.


A few days later I noticed a couple of funny faces around me, I realised something was not quite right. Soon ,I discovered it was all down to my profile. My boss have taken the liberty to show it to other people, co-workers that weren't gay at most who felt quite amused with the different look of me. I just felt naked (literally!!) right there.

I can understand Chris when he talks about being exposed, he just happened to become a target, someone newspaper could dig on his life. I am not sure if I will get to Prime Minister, but I'll try to remember to remove my Gaydar profile first, just in case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment