oh, My Google!!

|
Ok. Privacy may be protected according to Google, sure I can have my blurred face on display for millions of people, and never mind if my car has the registration number cover in a funny blur photoshop effect. All of these methods to justify that our privacy is protected does not end the debate about how much use Google´s Street View do for the wrong reasons.

Well, I think I came out with one that many of us may consider a matter of concern. After all, if I was someone planning to make "some visits" to private houses to "remove" items fromt the owner´s home without their permission, wouldn´t I appreciate the help provided by Google?
Thanks to Streetview I can visit the neighbouthood from the safety of my own home, I plan which patios, back streets or other access routes I could use and I can even check what you front door look like.


Or, what about councils or other private companies having a look at those cars parked in your private driveaway and checking if there are items you may have said you don´t have , or that illegal roof conversion.

There is not doubt. It might be a useful tool and it does not mean is the BigBrother everyone hates, but it raises concern and maybe for a reason.

0 comments:

Post a Comment